May 31: Mayors' Commitment Signing and Policy Dialogue
- Category: News
- Published: Friday, 28 May 2021 14:21
- Written by Maria Serenade
Four elected Indonesian Mayors from the 2020 election will present the climate programme and announce their commitment to climate-resilient development goals in their cities at Policy Dialogue on Climate Change and Mayor’s Commitment Signing event on Monday, May 31, at 10 am (GMT+7).
Indonesian local governments holding the 2020 general election are currently formulating Mid-Term Regional Development Plans. It is against this backdrop that there is a need to ensure that climate resilience issues are integrated into city planning. Especially at a time when at a national level, Indonesia is racing with time to meet its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) target to reduce GHG emissions by 29% independently and 41% with international assistance by 2030. In less than a decade, Indonesian cities must take part in transforming political commitment into concrete climate actions.
Given the urgency of this issue, Climate Resilient and Inclusive Cities Project will host a hybrid event that will bring together the Mayors of Ternate, Bandar Lampung, Mataram, Samarinda and policymakers from the Indonesia Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF). The event seeks to facilitate dialogue between local and national governments in a bid to strengthen climate governance and urge local governments to reiterate their commitment to climate-resilient and inclusive development.
The offline event will take place with limited participants.
Zoom link: http://bit.ly/CRICdialogue31Mei2021
YouTube live streaming: @Climate Resilient and Inclusive Cities
- UCLG ASPAC’s Secretary-General Dr. Bernadia Irawati Tjandradewi
- Henriette Faergemann, First Counsellor for Environment, Climate and Digital European Union Delegation to Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam
- MoEF’s Director of Climate Change Adaptation Drs. Sri Tantri Arundhati, M.Sc.
- Mayor of Mataram Mohan Roliskana, S.Sos., M.H
- Mayor of Ternate M. Tauhid Soleman, M.Si.
- Mayor of Bandar Lampung Eva Dwiana S.E., M.Si
- Mayor of Samarinda H Andi Harun
Moderator: Sri Indah Wibi Nastiti - General Manager of APEKSI.
- 10:00 – 10:40 -- Opening remarks
- 10:40 – 11:00 -- Mayors’ Commitment Signing and Urban Analysis Reports Handover
- 11:15 – 12:10 -- Policy Dialogue