30th June: CRIC kicking off Climate Action Plan training
- Category: News
- Published: Tuesday, 29 June 2021 14:03
- Written by Maria Serenade
The European Union-funded Climate Resilient and Inclusive Cities (CRIC) supports cities to build a climate-resilient and inclusive future through a wide range of technical assistance and capacity building activities. One of its primary activities is delivering the Climate Action Plan (CAP) training in ten Indonesian pilot cities from July 2021 to May 2022.
CRIC is hosting a kick-off event on Wednesday, 30th June, to officially mark the beginning of CAP training. The event will bring together Indonesian policymakers at a national level, local level and climate experts.
CAP training seeks to help pilot cities develop a pathway and road map to achieve its GHG emissions reduction target by 2030, which aligns with the Nationally Determined Contributions. The training also helps the pilot cities formulate their long-term resilience strategies to adapt to climate change. The training’s main target participants are the members of the CRIC working group in each ten pilot cities.
Day/Date: Wednesday, 30th June 2021
Time: 13:00 – 15:30 WIB (GMT+7)
- Dr Bernadia Irawati Tjandradewi - UCLG ASPAC Secretary-General
- Mr Hans Farnhammer - Head of Cooperation for European Union Delegation to Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam
- Mrs Laksmi Dhewanthi - Ministry of Environment and Forestry’s Climate Change Control Directorate General (tbc)
- Mrs Hari Nur Cahya Murni - Ministry of Home Affairs’ Regional Development Director General (tbc)
- Professor Rizaldi Boer - Director of the Centre for Climate Risk and Opportunity Management in Southeast Asia and the Pacific
- Dr Akhmad Faqih - Climate expert, Bogor Agricultural University
- Dr Joko Tri Haryanto - Center for Climate Change Financing & Multilateral Policy Fiscal Policy Agency - Ministry of Finance